RingCentral: Top 10 Alternatives and Competitors
RingCentral is an app preferred by businesses that need an integrated communication system. They need a VoIP phone system for regular business communication and Customer Support Centers or Call Centers. RingCentral has been providing these services for a long time, and it has some excellent features too that only some competitors of RingCentral offer.
However, one of the issues with RingCentral is its pricing. For startups, solopreneurs, or small businesses, RingCentral can be expensive. Especially when it is compared to other apps that provide similar features, Ring Central’s cost becomes a drawback. The other issue is that many basic useful features are available only with the more expensive plans.
If you are facing this issue with RingCentral or looking for similar but cost-effective competitors of RingCentral, then keep reading. We will tell you about the ten best alternatives to RingCentral that will help your business thrive.
What Are the Criteria For Selecting the Best RingCentral Alternative?
To select the ten best RingCentral alternatives, we have considered the following criteria:
1. Ease of Use
The number of people using business phone systems in organizations can range from a handful to hundreds. Business processes will only run smoothly if the app is easy to install and use. Companies can scale up and expand faster if any employee can use their communication system easily.
Different businesses have different needs, so any VoIP phone system they use must have features to meet those needs. Even better if the apps are customizable based on the needs of the business. Some of the essential features to consider when choosing a RingCentral alternative are:
- Unified Communications Facility
- Integrations with other software
- Business Communication Features
- Mobility between locations and devices
- Data Analytics
When you use a virtual business phone system, sometimes you need technical assistance. Even the easiest-to-install and use apps can face glitches. So, one of the factors to consider while choosing a VoIP phone system is the level of customer support. The best ones have 24 x 7 support and are truly helpful in sorting out customers’ issues.
Businesses have a lot of information, even confidential information, shared through phone systems. Therefore, any virtual phone system needs to have high security. Business organizations’ data, as well as their clients’ data, needs to be kept secure.
Since cost is the major drawback of RingCentral, it is one of the most important criteria for our evaluation. Understanding how the apps we are suggesting compare to RingCentral vis-à-vis their cost vs. benefits is crucial. Unless they are more value for money (or similar), they cannot be considered good alternatives to RingCentral.
10 Best RingCentral Alternatives in 2023
There are many user-friendly VoIP apps available in the market with a range of diverse features. Similarly, the cost also ranges from free to expensive. Based on the criteria mentioned above, here are the ten best RingCentral Alternatives you can check out this year.
|Ease of use||Features||Support||Security||Cost|
DialerHQ is one of the best RingCentral alternatives because of its high call quality and budget-friendly pricing. Its features are helpful for most business needs. Its business phone system gives particular focus to customer call management.
Ease of Use –
- DialerHQ has a user-friendly interface. All the functionalities are on the same platform. It also has a free trial period.
- DialerHQ’s customer call management is thoroughly integrated and has several automation options. From handling customer calls to queue management to remote location team management, all functions related to customer calls are seamlessly connected.
- This app has integrations with Zapier, Freshdesk, and HubSpot CRM.
- It has all essential business communication features like unlimited calls, unlimited sms, call forwarding, HD voice, call recording, auto-attendant, and voicemail.
- This app is compatible with your mobile devices, landline, or any other phone on the same network. You can use the same number on your mobile and desktop app, making it exceptionally portable.
- DialerHQ comes with a Call Tracking facility to understand customers’ issues and ensure that solutions are provided.
- Its low bandwidth requirement and cost make this app highly scalable among companies similar to RingCentral.
- DialerHQ provides 24 x 7 Customer Service. You can also get a dedicated account manager.
- This phone system has a strong focus on security and privacy. It has a high grade of security for inbound and outbound calls.
Its cost-effectiveness makes DialerHQ a robust RingCentral competition.
- Unlimited – $12 per month per user
- Free Software – This free service is at $0 for unlimited users at a minimum spend of $1500 per month
- Custom – Price on request
CallHippo is easily one of the most feature-rich VoIP phone systems and RingCentral alternatives. A popular app used by both small and large businesses, CallHippo is ideal for customer interaction calling. It even has a gamification feature to keep agents engaged, unique among RingCentral competitors.
Ease of Use –
- CallHippo is fast and easy to set up. You can install and start using it in 3 minutes. However, the user interface can be made more attractive. It also has a free trial period.
- This app works with other business tools and basic VoIP features. Plus, it has a range of features for a seamless teamwork experience.
- CallHippo has integrations with over a dozen software including Zoho CRM, Salesforce, Hubspot, Pipedrive, Shopify, etc.
- It has many exciting business communication features like call recording, all barging, power dialer, click-to-dial, call routing, auto-attendant, etc. These advanced features exist with more fundamental ones like unlimited calls, unlimited SMS, voicemail, voicemail transcription, international calls, etc. It has one of the richest levels of features among apps like RingCentral.
- It is very mobile; you can use it through desktop and mobile apps.
- CallHippo provides several types of actionable insights based on analysis of customer calls. You can get real-time data about call volume and quality.
- The low cost and fast setup make it extremely easy to add phone numbers as your team grows.
- This RingCentral alternative has highly responsive 24 x 7 phone support.
- CallHippo is a highly secure app for your business calling. It even has a call masking facility to help protect your privacy.
This is another highly pocket-friendly VoIP app:
- Basic: $0 per user per month
- Bronze: $16 per user per month
- Silver: $24 per user per month
- Platinum: $40 per user per month, available only on an annual subscription
3. Google Chat
One of the lean RingCentral alternatives, Google Chat was earlier known as Hangouts Chat. When Hangouts was dissolved, its features were split into Google Chat and Google Meet, which are currently integrated. It is primarily a chatting rather than a calling app.
Ease of Use –
- Typical of any Google product, Google Chat is easy to access and use.
- Centralized Google cloud platform to chat, communicate, and track tasks. Moreover, integrating with Google Workspace lets you easily coordinate all your business requirements.
- Integrations include all Google suite products such as Docs, Sheets, Drive, Meet, Workspace, etc.
- Google Chat includes text messaging, team messaging, group conversations, file sharing, and assigning tasks. The integration with Google Meet allows video calls, conferencing, etc.
- It can be used through the Gmail website and app or its own website and app, making it flexible to access and use.
- You can get data analytics facilities for improving customer service by integrating Google Chat with Google Analytics.
- Due to its ease of use and integration with other Google apps, Google Chat has high scalability.
- This RingCentral alternative has a detailed Help section, but you can also consult the community experts for help. Lack of call or chat-based customer care is a rare drawback among the RingCentral competitors in our list.
- Privacy and security can be a concern as external users can access chatrooms. There are risks of phishing and breaches for users.
Google Chat is free for those who have Google accounts. It is also available as part of Workspace, whose pricing is:
- Business Starter – $6 per user per month
- Business Standard – $12 per user per month
- Business Plus – $18 per user per month
- Enterprise – Price on request
Grasshopper is one of the most popular RingCentral alternatives, especially for small businesses. These businesses need affordability, which this virtual phone service offers. It also offers calling, texting, voicemail, and other helpful business features.
Ease of Use –
- This RingCentral competition offers customization options for greetings, messages, etc. It is also easy to install and use. It also has a free trial period.
- Though Grasshopper offers all types of business communication features, no seamless unified communications option exists.
- Grasshopper has integrations with Google Voice and Skype.
- The app provides all the basic business functionality that a small business needs. Its features include phone calls, messaging, team messaging, number porting, call forwarding, voicemail transcription, virtual receptionist, and inbound and outbound faxes.
- Since it can be downloaded and used on your mobile phone, you can access and use it anywhere. You can also use it on your desktop.
- You can access your call-tracking metrics through this RingCentral alternative.
- Grasshopper’s plans are based on how many phone numbers and extensions you buy. Every plan has all features, so as your business grows, you can easily increase the number of phone lines.
- Grasshopper has 24 x 7 customer support. You can access their support via email, phone, chat, Twitter, and even Facebook.
- The same device can be used for the personal phone number along with the Grasshopper business phone number. So, even if you don’t share your own number, customers can still reach you.
Grasshopper’s costing is based on the number of lines and extensions you purchase:
- Solo (1 number, 3 extensions): $26 per user per month
- Partner (3 numbers, 6 extensions): $44 per user per month
- Small Business (5 numbers, unlimited extensions): $80 per user per month
Among the alternatives to RingCentral, Nextiva is the closest in features. It is a prevalent VoIP solution that has several features. Unfortunately, it is available only in the US. Its clients range from small businesses to large corporations.
Ease of Use –
- Nextiva has been designed keeping regular users in mind. Their website claims as much. It has a fast setup, and it combines multiple functions in a single tool. It also has a free trial period.
- Nextiva’s connected communications feature integrates calling, email, and text on a single platform.
- Integrations with MS Outlook, Google Contacts, Salesforce, Hubspot, Zendesk, MS Teams
- Nextiva provides many helpful business communications features like video conferences, voicemail messages, multiple phone numbers, call recording, auto attendant, and voicemail transcription. It also offers unlimited calling and business SMS messaging, screen sharing, unlimited internet-based fax, and many others.
- This RingCentral competition works on both Android and iOS phones. It also works on both Mac and Windows desktops. This flexibility makes it highly mobile.
- Data Analytics of this RingCentral alternative provides customer feedback tracking and analysis.
- The scalability of Nextiva is high, as you can manage phone numbers, users, features, etc., from a single point of control.
- Nextiva has highly responsive 24 x 7 Customer Support teams
- The Nextiva business phone service provides TLS and SRTP encryption to ensure a high level of security
The pricing structure is a little complex, with rates depending on the number of users. For 20-99 users, the prices are:
- Essential: $18.95 per user per month
- Professional: $22.95 per user per month
- Enterprise: $32.95 per user per month
6. Dialpad Talk
Dialpad or Dialpad Talk is one of the best RingCentral alternatives loaded with features. One of its best features is its AI, which provides real-time tracking, analysis, transcription of meetings, and even helpful hints to contact center associates!
Ease of Use –
- Dialpad has an easy-to-use interface with all features accessible. It is also highly customizable for your sales associates interacting with customers. The setup is also quick. It also has a free trial period.
- Dialpad is a world leader in unified communications systems. Its AI-based phone system ensures end-to-end seamless communication.
- Integrations include Salesforce, MS Teams, Google Workspace, Outreach, and other commonly used software.
- Dialpad offers basic features like unlimited calling (audio and video), SMS and MMS, voicemail, auto-attendant, video conferences, etc. It also offers advanced features like voicemail transcription, the real-time transcription of meetings and calls, off-hours routing, toll-free number support, tracking keywords and phrases in customer calls to identify patterns, etc.
- The app is cloud-based, and you can even use it on your browser without a download, making it highly mobile.
- Dialpad has built-in data analytics for customer call data that tell you things like call volume, average speed of answer, etc.
- The scalability of this RingCentral alternative is high, as you can set it up and get phone numbers for new users in seconds.
- Dialpad has 24 x 7 Customer Service and Worldwide Data Centers to help clients.
- Dialpad offers excellent protection.
Among RingCentral competitors, Dialpad has one of the best price offerings:
- Standard: $15 per user per month
- Pro: $25 per user per month
- Enterprise: Price on request
Ooma Office is a reasonably priced basic phone system among the alternatives to RingCentral. It has the essential features needed for business calling, texting, and voicemail, but not very high-end features. But its low price point makes it ideal for small businesses that don’t need high functionality.
Ease of Use –
- Ooma Office is easy to set up. Ooma also provides customized solutions based on the size and nature of the business.
- It has a cloud-based business communication system that makes business communication seamless.
- There are integrations with MS 365, Salesforce, Google, and CRM software.
- Ooma’s business phone system features include unlimited calling, HD voice, call recording, call blocking, hold music, call transfer, video conferencing, etc. A unique feature is the conference bridge called ring groups, which allows up to 10 participants.
- This RingCentral alternative has high mobility because you can run it on your desk phone, cell phone, or desktop.
- Their contact center dashboard displays real-time data and analysis to help improve performance and productivity.
- The high customizability and low cost combine to make it highly scalable. Ooma’s business phone service can support small businesses or large businesses easily.
- Among companies similar to RingCentral, Ooma has one of the more limited customer service facilities. It is available from 5 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday, and 8 AM to 5 PM on weekends.
- Ooma has a high dedication to security. Unique among RingCentral competitors, it uses the same encryption the US government uses for classified data.
Ooma’s pricing is middle of the range:
- Essentials: $19.95 per user per month
- Pro: $24.95 per user per month
- Pro Plus: $29.95 per user per month
Webex Calling is one of the versatile RingCentral alternatives that both big and small businesses can use. It also serves multiple industries and provides geography-specific pricing and plans, which is unique among RingCentral competitors.
Ease of Use –
- Switching between devices is effortless, and you can even switch between voice and video calls. The app is intuitive and user-friendly.
- Webex has centralized communication with all business features managed from a single place.
- This RingCentral alternative integrates with 100+ tools and software, including Salesforce, Microsoft, Google, Slack, and other popular applications.
- Business communication features include call forwarding, visual voicemail, corporate directory, caller ID, file sharing, call merging, do not disturb, unlimited calling to local and domestic long-distance phone numbers, etc.
- Webex Calling has high mobility as you can use it from computers, smartphones, or tablets.
- Its contact center capabilities include AI-powered data analytics, insights, and support for contact center agents.
- Its versatility and cost-effective pricing give it scalability. Moreover, its plans are customized to the country of operation.
- You can contact Webex through their chat window, email, phone, or Webex message. It provides expert support also if needed.
- Privacy is maintained because your personal phone number stays hidden. Webex is also high on security. They even have a data loss prevention feature.
- Their plans and pricing vary by geography. International phone calls are billed by the minute. The rates for the US are:
- Basic – $0 per license per month
- Meet – $14.50 per license per month
- Enterprise – price on request
Vonage is one of the most flexible RingCentral alternatives. The plans have basic functionality; you can pay and add whatever higher features you want. As a result, this app fits into different budgets and business needs smoothly.
Ease of Use –
- The plans are highly customizable, as you can pick different features based on your business’s needs. You can also create a menu for agents to follow when handling calls. It also has a free trial period.
- It has a unified communications network connecting voice calling, messaging, video, and phones for seamless business communication.
- Vonage is integrated with Amazon Chime Pro for video conferencing. It also has integrations with CRM software, MS Teams, Zendesk, Salesforce, Slack, and G Suite.
- It has business communication features like team messaging, video and voice calls, unlimited video meetings, file sharing, auto-attendant, call blocking, call recording, call parking, electronic fax, voice messages, etc.
- You can use this app on mobile and desktop apps, making it accessible anywhere.
- Vonage provides high-quality reports for agent visibility and call reporting.
- The scalability of this RingCentral competition is high as it is easy to add phone numbers, users, or features.
- Vonage has excellent customer support, especially if you opt for the paid version. It is called Vonage Support PLUS, and it helps with hardware installation, removing viruses, and integrating with third-party software.
- It keeps your personal phone number hidden when you call. It also has a 2-Factor Authentication facility to avoid security issues.
The rates can vary based on the number of employees, and additional features come at extra cost. The rates for 1-4 employees are:
- Basic: $ 19.99 per month per line + taxes and fees
- Premium: $ 29.99 per month per line + taxes and fees
- Advanced: $ 39.99 per month per line + taxes and fees
Mitel is one of the oldest telephony companies around. It is flexible with no fixed plans. You can choose the features you need, and the pricing will be according to that. It is one of the most trusted RingCentral alternatives in the market. Incidentally, it is not only a RingCentral competition but also its strategic partner.
Ease of Use –
- Mitel is known to have high ease of use. It is easy to set up, use, and maintain. You can also swap devices easily.
- Different types of communication options are available from the same phone. Now they are also starting with Customer Lifecycle Management.
- Mitel has integrations with Google AI, MS Teams, and other third-party applications.
- Mitel’s business communication features include basics like phone, text, and video calling. They also have advanced business features like customer ID, call routing, automatic speech recognition, call transfers, etc.
- Mitel provides both cloud-based PBX and on-premise setups. And it operates on any smart cell phone because it is compatible with both Android and iOS platforms.
- This app’s dashboard displays real-time performance data, so you can monitor and intervene accordingly.
- Mitel’s flexibility in customizing plans makes it easy to scale depending on the status of your business.
- Mitel offers VoIP phones with help buttons built into them. They also have on-demand support and training if you need it, a unique advantage among apps like RingCentral.
- Mitel has been providing excellent service for years, but its security might have some vulnerabilities.
- Prices are opaque and are provided on contacting them.
Our list includes some of the most popular alternatives to RingCentral. These RingCentral competitors have a broad spectrum of features, from basic to very high-end. Most of them are easy to use with integrated business communication features and mobile apps. Prices are, of course, variable depending on the complexity of features.
Based on our discussion of cost, features, ease of use, security, and customer support, you can pick the RingCentral competition that works best for your business.